Financial support


Almost all students are sponsored by a company or an institution that pays for their living expenses during the academic period and contributes towards their tuition.

This type of support comes in three main forms: sponsorships, apprenticeships and study leave (the latter only applies to working professionals)

Applications for admission to IFP School and for financial support must be made concurrently. The search for financial support is a process that takes time (unsolicited requests made to companies, interviews with HR managers and operational staff, etc.).

We therefore recommend that you begin your search as soon as possible, from the time you file your admissions application. Conversely, do not wait until you have secured financial support to file your admissions application.
IFP School can help and guide you in your quest for financial support after assessing your application, since it is familiar with the profiles sought by companies that are liable to provide aid.

The various types of support that companies may offer young graduates are described below. They apply to applicants who have been awarded their degree less than one year before the IFP School admissions boards convene. In this case, tuition is covered in part by French public-sector funds and in part by corporate contributions. Students do not have to pay anything.

Financement VA

Types of corporate sponsorships for young graduates




There are other types of financial support, such as grants from ministries, foundations and other institutions, as well as merit scholarships awarded each year by IFP School to a few students.
Lastly, professionals who have an employment contract with a company can benefit from study leave at IFP School as part of a continuing training degree program. In this case, the company must pay the tuition in full. For 2017, tuition is €30,000 (standard rate that applies to all programs except for Reservoir Geoscience and Engineering and Petroleum Economics and Management, given that courses are taken partly in a partner university in the United States or Russia).